In unprecedented and challenging times like those we are currently living through it's important that we look after our own welfare and look out for our friends.
On this page, we have answered some key questions and pulled together in one place links to support and guidance available to UEA students.
What do I do if I am self-isolating on campus?
If you are currently self-isolating please ensure that you advise email@example.com or call 01603 592761 so that they are aware. Please include in your email:
- That you are in university accommodation
- Your residence/building
- Your room number
- Your UEA student number
- Your mobile telephone number
Who can I talk to at any time day or night?
- The Residential Life Managers and Student Services Residents continue to be available to you at this time. Further information and a link to their contact details can be found here
- An overview of all the services available, including a number of online resources, can be found here
- UEA all students access to a 24/7 programme to help you deal with personal and professional issues that could be affecting your studies, home or work life, health and general wellbeing – their 24/7 helpline number is 0800 030 5182 and more information about this service can be found here
- Advice(su) can be contacted via the student contact form
I’m really worried about my finances - what options are available?
The university has hardship funds available to support students. For further details of the university's available hardship funds, please visit their finance page here
. If you are worried and would like to talk to someone you can contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01603 592761.
Where can I buy food on campus?
shop(su) and Post Office are open with reduced opening hours (9am - 5pm Monday to Friday, and 10am - 3pm Saturday and Sunday). The SU is encouraging cashless payments and are observing physical spacing, as per the recommended distance markers on the floor in the shop. There is a new click and collect system available in the shop. Click here
for more details.
I'm an international student. How does this affect my visa?
advice(su) (in a reduced capacity) and UEA's Student Services are continuing to provide support for students at UEA. Below are links to key support and services available to students.