health and welfare faqs

Below you can find the answers to our most frequently asked academic issues questions. If you can't find the answer to your question either below or on our dedicated feel well pages, do get in contact with us and we'd be more than happy to help.

I have been called to a meeting by the university – what should I do?

You might be called for a meeting by the university for several different reasons. It could be because there are concerns about your attendance, or a disciplinary problem, for example.  If you don’t understand why you’ve been called to the meeting, ask! Then come and talk to advice (su). We can help you understand what the problem is, what is going to happen next, the possible consequences for you and help you to prepare for the meeting.

Where can I go for dental treatment?

There is a dental practice on campus, on the first floor of the University Medical Centre. To get treatment, you need to be registered (registration is separate to registration for the University Medical Service). You can register by taking your campus card and NHS number in to the surgery. If you need emergency treatment, they will try to see you the same day for an assessment. For more info see

Is there a pharmacy nearby?

The nearest pharmacy is Boots, at the Bluebell Road end of University Drive, adjacent to the University Medical Centre.

Where can I get wellbeing help while I am at UEA?

The first place to look is the UEA’s own Student Support Service. See for information on their services. You can self-refer to the wellbeing service using this online form:

You can access non UEA wellbeing services via your GP  or self refer to NHS wellbeing here:  

advice(su) does not provide a counselling service, but we are happy to listen and signpost you to other sources of help, and we often work alongside UEA wellbeing services to provide support with practical issues which may affect you such as housing problems.

If you are in crisis, contact your own GP/NHS out of hours service or visit the nearest accident and emergency department.

Where can I get condoms? 

On campus, you can get free condoms from advice(su) or Nightline with a c-card during opening hours. You can get a c-card form advice(su) .

Off campus, there is a sexual health clinic on Oak Street – see for details of services and opening hours.

Where is the nearest STI clinic?

The integrated sexual health clinic at Oak Street provides testing and treatment facilities as well as contraception and advice: