We've introduced the society execs, now it is time for sport.
Your sport execs will help facilitate conversations between clubs, the Union and uea+sport. This can contribute to making clubs more inclusive and reaching out to liberation/unengaged student groups.
Another main responsibility is to form connections between clubs, they want to encourage communications between them and hold different social events, both individually and together.
You'll see them promoting UEA clubs, sporting events and achievements across the year, for example Sports Awards and the well-loved Derby Day.
They also provide assistance to uea+sport in monitoring club performance and development as well as looking over grant requests.
So a lot to do!
Here are your sports execs for this year
- Connor Kennedy - Colney Lane (American Football, Baseball & Softball, Cricket, Football Men, Football Women, Rugby Men, Rugby Women, Touch Rugby, Ultimate Frisbee)
- Elizabeth Payne - Dance & Gymnastics (Ballet, Ballroom and Latin, Cheerleading Dance, Cheerleading Stunt, Dancesquad, Gymnastics, Pole Fitness, Tap, Trampolining, Yoga)
- Roo Pitt - External (Cycling, Golf, Ice Hockey & Figure Skating, Mountaineering, Pool & Snooker, Equestrian, Climbing, Snowsports)
- Thomas Floodgate - Indoor Sportspark (Archery, Badminton, Basketball Men, Basketball Women, Futsal, Dodgeball, Korfball, Squash, Table Tennis, Volleyball)
- Neith Charlesworth - Martial Arts (Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Fencing)
- Charlie Albuery - Outdoor Sportspark (Athletics, Hockey Men, Hockey Women, Lacrosse, Tennis, Triathlon, Netball)
- Oli Gray - Watersports (Boat (Rowing), Kayak, Sailing & Powerboat, Sub Aqua, Surf, Windsurfing & Paddleboard, Swimming, Waterpolo)
- awaiting nominations currently - Social Rep
Want to get to know them? Click the video below!