It’s time for another Union Council round-up!
For those of you that might not know, Union Council is a vital part of our democratic structure and gives students the chance to be part of the decision-making process at uea(su). It is open to every single UEA student but for those who weren’t at the last one on the 28th February, here’s everything you need to know!
We went through the Student Officer Reports on SOC (student officer committee) and discussed what I’ve been up to over the last month including:
* Go Green week went really well!
* I've been meeting with university staff around Brexit preparations.
* I've been planning Reclaim the Night and the next Student Staff meeting, both taking place in March.
We also passed these new policies:
* True accessibility is already there; we shouldn’t have to ask: Alternative text
* We’re Bugging You: Equality and Diversity training for all Students Union Council Reps
* Advice/Housing Development Oversight Board (An Amendment to the Bye Laws)
* Amendment to policy 2181: Meat Free Mondays
* uea(su) response to TEF independent review consultation
* On the money (an amendment to the bye laws)
* Striking for a future: Support the Climate Strike
* UEASU for a People’s Vote
Now that you’re all updated, why not have your say and come to our final meeting of the year? It’ll be on Thursday 9th of May, location to be confirmed. All students are welcome, as it’s our annual general meeting; come along to question university staff and hear about the budget. Get your voice heard and get involved now!
For any more information about union council, feel free to email me at email@example.com.