uea(su) Student Survey 2018/19
Every year, the SU runs a survey of all its members covering all aspects of uea(su) activity.
This is an opportunity for students to get involved, voice their opinions and shape change at uea(su).
You can check out the winners from this year's survey prize draw here
So what happened from last year's survey?
The 2017-18 SU survey ran during May 2018.
In last year's survey, you said that:
- Coffee at UNIO was inconsistent and the machines were failing on a regular basis.
- The selection of products in the Shop were limited
- Do Something Different activities were not well advertised
- Clubs and societies sometimes felt cliquey
- Food quality in bar(su) could be improved
- Postgraduates were not involved in the decisions made at the SU
- You wanted more accessible and student-led SU communications
- You wanted to feel more represented at an academic level
Thanks to your feedback, we now have:
- New coffee machines at UNIO to provide you with better coffee
- ShopSU in partnership with SPAR to bring you a bigger and better variety of products and services, including the new Smokin' Bean coffee service, and the deli
- Increased advertising of Do Something Different activities on social media, and created even more opportunities to try something new, check them out here
- Improved committee training on how to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for new members of clubs and societies, and avoid cliques
- Added more products to the bar(su) menu, taken away products you didn't like to speed up service and employed a full-time kitchen supervisor to ensure consistency at all times
- More opportunities for postgraduate students to get involved, with the first ever postgraduate education conference in November, and a dedicated Postgraduate Assembly and committee so you can be involved in decision making at the SU
- Adapted the SU weekly newsletter to be mobile-friendly and run dedicated focus groups with student groups to talk about the communications you would like
- Provided more support to course reps and convenors through improved and in-depth training, ensuring your interests are represented within your School and Faculty, and that you have a say in the decisions made at UEA
Recently, Sophie Atherton, Campaigns & Democracy Officer wrote a blog on the stuff that was changed following students' feedback from the last SU survey. You can read that blog here
Previous annual surveys:
2017-18 survey results and changes
2015-16 survey results