The finance comittee is a sub-comittee of the trustee board. It is chaired by the Activities and Opportunities Officer, and is attended by all full time officers, a Student or Part Time Officer Trustee, an External Trustee and two representatives elected by Union Council. UEASU senior management also attend meetings.
The Committee considers our financial strategy and budgets. If the Trustee Board has a particular concern over any aspect of UEASU's finances, the Committee then meets regularly to scrutine the monthy management accounts.
As an elected Union Council member for FC your purpose will be to:
- Meet at least once quarterly.
- Shall be responsible for reviewing the financial performance of the Union in terms of the Budget and the Annual Accounts.
- Shall refer any commercial issue to the Board of Directors of the Union’s relevant subsidiary companies.
- Shall have any other ad hoc responsibilities and powers delegated by the Trustees.
Benefits and skills from the role:
- You will gain a good understanding of charity governance.
- You will gain experience of building relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- You will have access to training and development opportunities.
- You will gain experience of working in a team and working collaboratively.
Two positions for this subcommitee will be elected in the first Union Council meeting- Nominations will go live on this page, however voting is limited to Union Council Members and will be restricted to those members.