What support do Full-time Officers get?
You can expect support and advice from the other officers and Union staff. Full-time Officers are allocated staff members to support them during their time in office and work closely with other staff members and officers on relevant projects.
Full-time Officers receive an extensive induction training programme and take part in a leadership course accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
You may also wish to be involved in specialist training or make use of online material that may be available through national organisations such as the NUS or the Charity Commission.
KEY DATES FOR FULL-TIME OFFICERS (These are mandatory so take into consideration)
- Mandatory Training: April date TBC
- Handover period: June date TBC
- Offical role begins: July date TBC
- Residential: July date TBC
- Coventry Conference: July date TBC
- NUS Lead and Change: July date TBC
- Southern SU conference: AUG date TBC
- SOC Refresher: Sept date TBC
See below for a breakdown of the individual roles.