What support do Full-time Officers get?
You can expect support and advice from the other officers and Union staff. Full-time Officers are allocated staff members to support them during their time in office and work closely with other staff members and officers on relevant projects.
Full-time Officers receive an extensive induction training programme and take part in a leadership course accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
You may also wish to be involved in specialist training or make use of online material that may be available through national organisations such as the NUS or the Charity Commission.
KEY DATES FOR FULL-TIME OFFICERS (These are mandatory so take into consideration)
- Mandatory Training: 25-26th April
- Handover period: 22nd June- 30th June
- Offical role begins: 1st July
- Residential: 7th-10th July
- Coventry Conference: 15th-16th July
- NUS Lead and Change: 28th-31st July
- Southern SU conference (TBC): 6th-7th AUG
- SOC Refresher: 12th Sept
See below for a breakdown of the individual roles.