Welcome to Engage!
Here at uea(su), we’re constantly working to support causes that matter most to you. These range from awareness days, weeks or months, or any of our other ongoing campaigns. You'll also find SU awards ceremonies, annual events and the prestigious Derby Day here!
A number of these campaigns run on specific dates, but we’re passionate about our activism being a year-round offering, and we want to do our bit to make sure that liberation campaigns remain a part of the conversation beyond their start and end dates.
If there’s something you’re passionate about, we’d love to hear about it and get your suggestions about what we can do to help - whether it’s a local cause or an international campaign which matters to you. Feel free to come and chat to us in Union House, reach out to one of your Student Officers or drop us a line using the suggestion button below!
So why not get out there, make your voice heard and make the difference you want to see?
How can I get involved?
- Share infographics about causes that are close to you and tag the su
- Engage with peer support and uea(su) discussion groups
- Attend events run by clubs and societies or by uea(su) to understand the issues and join in
- Donate to fundraisers and charities you care about (if possible!)
- Have the difficult conversations - if I hear something and it doesn't sit right with me, I'll try to challenge it!
What is a campaign?
Campaigns are organised courses of action designed to bring about change at various levels, be it local, national or global. They tend to focus on issues such as equal rights, climate change, religious freedom and/or freedom of speech. During a campaign, you’ll find plenty of activities, infographics and group events to raise awareness for a certain issue which you can get involved with, but activism and engaging with any of these causes goes well beyond just campaigning!