Blickling Estate Trip
Tuesday 18 February 2020, 10am - 3pm
£10.00 (Book Now)
Please log in to buy tickets.
Come and explore Blickling with DSD! Tickets available January 24th!
One day is never enough. Discover a complete Norfolk estate with something for everyone.
Blickling Hall is an impressive estate now owned by the National Trust. Built in 1616 Nobody ever forgets their first sight of Blickling. The breath-taking Jacobean mansion and ancient yew hedges sit at the heart of a magnificent garden and historic park in the beautiful Bure meadows.
Surrounding the house, the formal garden is the result of three centuries of inspired planting, and the gently undulating historic parkland is great for exploring on foot. Grab a map of our way-marked walks from visitor reception and enjoy discovering intriguing landmarks, stunning views and wildlife.
You can also enjoy local, seasonal food in all three cafes, a gift shop and an impressive second hand gift-shop. Free water refills are available at all of the cafes.
Find more on the National Trust website. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/blickling-estate
The day starts at 9:45am outside Congregation Hall, with the coach leaving UEA at 10:00am and driving you right to Blickling Estate, arriving at about 11:00am. You then get the day to look around this amazing national trust site. The Coach will then leave at 2:00pm and arrive back at UEA at 3:00pm. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the coach leaves both in the morning and in the evening.
- To go on a Do Something Different trip you must be a UEA student.
- You must bring along your UEA campus card and e-ticket to be able to attend this DSD trip. We will be checking your campus card ID and ticket holder information.
- If you have bought a ticket for another student, please let us know the name of your plus one 5 days before the trip departs.
Cancellation for Trips:
- Tickets for this trip are non-refundable.
- You can exchange your ticket with fellow UEA students, but this must be arranged without the help of the DSD team. If you sell your ticket on to another student, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have sold your ticket and who we can expect instead of you.
This is a Do Something Different activity. Do Something Different is an extracurricular programme to enhance your time at university. From our week long festival in February to daily activities ranging from arts to sports, there is a do something different activity happening everyday! For more information check out ueadifferent.com and @ueasu_dsd.