Mental Health First Aid
Tuesday 18 February 2020, 9am - 4pm
Bookable Room 6, Union House
This course will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis - and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
This one day course qualifies you as an MHFA Champion, giving you:
• An understanding of common mental health issues
• Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
• Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
• Skills to support positive wellbeing
This course normally costs £300 per person so you are getting a great opportunity to take it for only £10. Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. Numbers are limited to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn. It is also important that if you sign up, that you attend as we need a minimum of 12.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
• A certificate of attendance to say you are an MHFA Champion
• A manual to refer to whenever you need it
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
This is a Do Something Different activity. Do Something Different is an extracurricular programme to enhance your time at university. From our week long festival in February to daily activities ranging from arts to sports, there is a do something different activity happening everyday! For more information check out ueadifferent.com and @ueasu_dsd.