Postgraduate runners (beginners)
Tuesday 27 July 2021, 5:30pm - 6:10pm
Meet outside UEA Sportspark main entrance
£0.00 (Book Now)
Please log in to buy tickets.
Get into running and enjoy the physical and mental health benefits it brings. The session are aimed at beginners so will follow the couch to 5k format. Sessions are FREE, take place on UEA campus and will be led by volunteers. Book a ticket today!!!!
Join one of Postgraduate Running groups for FREE. Take a break, stretch your legs and get outside in the fresh air to explore the beautful scenery UEA campus has to offer, whilst being able to socialise with others. The running group is aimed at beginners, led by volunteers and will follow the couch to 5k programme.
Please ensure you wear appropriate footwear and appropriate clothing for the time of year.
Session terms and conditions
By booking on the session you are agreeing to take responsiiblity to read the COVID-19 related amendments to the session (listed below) that summarise the alterations to our sessions.
Below is a summary of the changes required for the sessions to be able to go ahead.
- We have reduced the capacities to 10 participants
- Please all observe 2m social distancing at all times
- Please do not cluster in groups of more than 6
- Make sure you have signed in with the run leader
- If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms you should not attend (cough, temperature, loss of taste/smell)
- wash or sanitise your hands regularly before attending
- avoid touching your face
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- touch as few surfaces as possible
- avoid loud talking, shouting or singing
- dispose of waste safely, including items such as water bottles, used disposable face coverings
- If you start feeling unwell/displaying COVID symptoms let one of the volunteers know.
- We may be taking photos/filming so let one of the staff/volunteers know if you do not want to be in any photos/videos
Please take a FREE ticket above to book your place
We're committed to making sure all Do Something Different events are as accessible as possible for all students.
This event requires physical activity so if any attendees with individual concerns about their accessibility are advised to contact uea+sport via email@example.com for additional support.
uea+sport privacy notice
Sessions are organised and run by uea+sport and may require some information from you regarding your participantion in the session. Therefore, please visit the uea+sport/Sportspark privacy notice to understand what datas we may require and how we use it. This can be found here: https://www.sportspark.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Sportspark-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf
What is Do Something Different?
The Do Something Different Programme is about trying a new activity and sparking your interests! We aim to encourage greater student interaction from across schools, liberations and courses that build your knowledge and skills as individuals. Perhaps you've been looking to try a new sport, attending a live music performance, or dabbling in an academic subject that piques your interest? We collate a wide variety of different activities happening across campus - from sports and games, to trips and extracurricular lectures!
There's always something happening every single day, and most events are absolutely free or cost very little! The best events will return during the Do Something Different Festival in Semester Two - a week-long celebration in which teaching is suspended for you to try a huge range of activities! Stay tuned for the full Festival programme coming soon!
If you had a great time at a DSD event, make sure you head to the website and leave your feedback and stories! Tell us about your ideas and what you want to see under Do Something Different.
Keep up to date with all of our DSD events by checking our Calendar (www.uea.su/dsd), and follow us on Twitter at @UEASU_DSD and uea+sport via instagram and Twitter @ueasport.