Wellbeing Dog Walk
Monday 20 September 2021, 2pm - 3pm
Meet at UEA Security Lodge
£1.00 (Book Now)
Please log in to buy tickets.
Explore the outdoor green spaces on our beautiful campus and see the 'pawsitive' effect the lovely doggos can have on your wellbeing. You can book tickets up to 2 weeks in advance.
Join the uea+sport £1 weekly dog walking sessions, every Wednesday during term times at 2pm - open to all UEA students and staff.
Groups will meet at the UEA security lodge and walk around Earlham park, to give themselves and the dogs some well-deserved exercise and fresh air.
Take a break and get outside to stretch your legs and let a friendly dog keep you company.
Spaces are limited so please sign up online if you’d like to attend! Tickets will be available to purchase 2 weeks before each session. Wear appropriate clothing for weather conditions and shoes suitable for an outdoor walk.
Session terms and conditions
- Participants to observe 2m social distancing at all times and remain in groups of 6 (including dog handler and volunteer)
- Only the dog handlers can hold the dog leaders
- You will be able to stroke the dogs
- Hand sanitiser is available – just ask the volunteer/staff member leading the session.
- You are welcome to wear a face mask but it is not required if you don’t want to.
- Please be nice to the dogs
- If you are feeling unwell let one of the volunteers know.
- By buying a ticket you have agreed to the Tom and Toto participant waiver form details listed above.
- We may be taking photos/filming so let one of the volunteers know if you do not want to be in any photos/videos
- Any concerns or questions please contact uea+sport via either firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 597297
By booking a space on the session you agree to adhere to the Tom and Toto Programme Participant Waiver and Release of Liability that states:
You have voluntarily applied to be a participant in the dog walking programme with Tom and Toto ltd. working in partnership with uea+sport, uea(su), and the University of East Anglia (UEA) and have understood each item indicated in this agreement.
• I am aware that this is a contract between me and Tom and Toto ltd. and that it waives legal rights that I may have now or in the future and releases Tom and Toto ltd. and others from claims for damages.
• I am participating in this activity with full knowledge of the tasks involved. I agree to accept any risks associated with my participation in the programme, including but not limited to injury and illness.
• I understand there are risks and dangers associated with animals, including but not limited to, bites, scratches and allergic reactions.
• I understand I have to adhere to the instructions given to me by Tom and Toto ltd. for appropriate conduct around the animals.
• I understand that this does not affect my legal rights.
Please take a £1 ticket above to book your place
We're committed to making sure all Do Something Different events are as accessible as possible for all students.
This event requires physical activities and may not be suitable for those with allergies to dogs.
Any attendees with individual concerns about their accessibility are advised to contact uea+sport via email@example.com for additional support.
uea+sport privacy notice
Sessions are organised and run by uea+sport and may require some information from you regarding your participant in the session. Therefore please visit the uea+sport/Sportspark privacy notice to understand what datas we may require and how we use it. This can be found here: https://www.sportspark.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Sportspark-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf
What is Do Something Different?
The Do Something Different Programme is about trying a new activity and sparking your interests! We aim to encourage greater student interaction from across schools, liberations and courses that build your knowledge and skills as individuals. Perhaps you've been looking to try a new sport, attending a live music performance, or dabbling in an academic subject that piques your interest? We collate a wide variety of different activities happening across campus - from sports and games, to trips and extracurricular lectures!
There's always something happening every single day, and most events are absolutely free or cost very little! The best events will return during the Do Something Different Festival in Semester Two - a week-long celebration in which teaching is suspended for you to try a huge range of activities! Stay tuned for the full Festival programme coming soon!
If you had a great time at a DSD event, make sure you head to the website and leave your feedback and stories! Tell us about your ideas and what you want to see under Do Something Different.
Keep up to date with all of our DSD events by checking our Calendar (www.uea.su/dsd), and follow us on Twitter at @UEASU_DSD and uea+sport via instagram and Twitter @ueasport.