Mental Health First Aid Training Lite
Friday 24 November 2017, 3pm - 6pm
Bookable Room 6, Union House
Mental Health First Aid Lite (MHFA) is run by Norwich MIND and provides training to students to give initial support for someone in a mental health crisis situation or who is developing a mental health problem.
Join Norwich Mind in their Mental Health First Aid Lite session!
This 3 hour course will enable participants to:
• gain a wider understanding, for themselves and others, of some issues surrounding mental health
• gain a greater understanding of how and why positive and negative mental health affects business
• work more effectively with people experiencing mental health problems
• identify the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
• define mental health & some mental health problems
• relate to people’s experiences
• help support people with mental health problems
• look after their own mental health.
This session is limited to 25 places each however more will be organised later in the Semester/new year.
To confirm your place, please purchase your free ticket. You will need to pay a £5 deposit, which will be returned to you at the session. If you do not attend the session and do not tell us beforehand, you will not be refunded.
Please note, this is a 'lite' session and so there will not be time to cover everything, however you can find more support guides here.
If you need urgent help or general support before this session, please see https://www.time-to-change.org.uk/mental-health-and-stigma/help-and-support or contact NHS 111. Alternatively, visit your GP or the Student Support Services who will be able to help further.
*If tickets are sold out, we cannot guarentee that there will be space, however feel free to turn up, just incase someone drops out and we will do our best to fit you in. Alternatively, see our other dates available.*