Union Council Training
Tuesday 22 January 2019, 4pm - 5pm
Please log in to buy tickets.
Essential introductory training for all Union Councillors newly elected to Union Council.
The training session contains essential information for Union Councillors to support them in their role as well as providing an information opportunity to meet fellow Councillors and ask questions. The training includes:
- The structure of Union Council meetings
- The Agendas and submitting a motion
- Reports and officer accountability
- The role of the Union Council Chair and the election process
- The role of Democratic Procedures Committee and elections
- The Cycle of Business
- Speeches and debates
- Procedural Motions and Points of Order