New to UEA?
At uea(su), we think UEA and Norwich are great. University can be one of most exciting, transformative and at times difficult times of your life, whether you are leaving home for the first time or a student with a wealth of life experience, there’s nothing quite like being a first year at uni! That’s why we have buddy(su), a scheme run by students, for students. buddy(su) is the number one way to settle in at UEA, make friends, get to grips with uni life and find your way around campus and the fine city of Norwich.
What can I expect from my buddy?
* Your buddy will provide you with a warm welcome to the UEA.
* Buddies and new students are matched by criteria within the application form.
* Be in regular contact with you throughout the first term.
* Help you find activities, clubs or societies that suit you.
* Signpost you to advice(su), Student Support Service, and other campus-based services if and when you require it.
Our Buddy Volunteers are trained by opportunities(su), working alongside UEA, to ensure they are well equipped to support new students to settle in. This training includes; having a knowledge of campus support services, getting involved with uea|su sports clubs and societies, the SportsPark, “life hacks” created for and by UEA students, active listening skills, confidentiality, and safeguarding.
Please fill in this form if this is your first year at uea (undergraduate or postgraduate)