We are an enthusiastic club who welcome casual and squad players. We are always looking for new members and would love to see you at one of our training or Do Something Different sessions. There is regular professional coaching and equipment is provided if necessary. Please scan the attendance QR code (right) and input your details during each session you attend; a paper copy is also available at each session.
UEA Table Tennis kit can be bought from Birds of Dereham.
Training Ends Thursday 16th June
Session June 2nd 19:00 – 21:00 only.
More details of fixtures and results for the local league can be found on Norwich Table Tennis Leagues website; we have local league teams in Premier B, Divison 2, and Division 3. BUCS fixtures can be found via the BUCS Play app; the Men's team is in Midlands Tier 2B and the Women's team is in Midlands Tier 2A. Both teams also play in the Midlands Conference Cup. A calendar of all matches is visible to members as an event, Fixture List.
- Local League: Thursdays, 19:00 – 22:20, Hall 2 (Front Half)
- BUCS: Wednesdays, Afternoon, Home/Away
These are designed for members only; non-members can come along to 2 sessions before they should buy membership. Social sessions are open to all members, the squad session is for those that play in the local league teams. There is coaching for social and squad players from Stuart Laws (Level 3 Coach) on Sundays 19:00 - 21:00.
- Social Session: Mondays, 20:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Social Session: Wednesdays, 19:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Social Session: Thursdays, 19:00 – 22:20, Hall 2 (Front Half) **Only if there is not a local league match**
- Social Session: Sundays, 18:00 – 20:00, Kiff Matheson Suite (Coaching 19:00 – 20:00)
- Squad Session: Sundays, 20:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite (Coaching 20:00 – 21:00)
There are three types of membership. If you have not joined another sports club this academic year, you will also need to buy SAMS membership (this should be automatically added to your cart). You can come to 2 sessions before becoming a member and DSD sessions are open to non-members. If you are not a UEA student or staff, please contact the committee as there may be different rules around membership.
- Standard Membership (£25): all members need to buy this to attend the social sessions and participate in committee elections.
- Squad Add-on (£15): squad players need to buy this in addition to the standard membership to play at squad sessions and in Local League or BUCS teams.
- TTE Membership (£8): members who play in Local League or BUCS teams, including the BUCS Individuals, need to buy this so that they can join Table Tennis England (full price is £16 but half of this is subsidised by the club). More information at tabletennisengland.co.uk.
Do Something Different (DSD)
DSD sessions are open to members and non-members. Please buy tickets (Free) beforehand.
- Thursday 23rd September, 19:00 – 22:20, Hall 2 (Front Half)
- Sunday 26th September, 18:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Wednesday 29th September, 18:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Monday 31st January, 20:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
Team trials are run at the start of the year, but team selection for each match depends on availability and performance in training sessions.
- Trials: Thursday 30th September, 19:00 – 20:30, Hall 2 (Front Half)
- Trials: Thursday 30th September, 20:45 – 22:15, Hall 2 (Front Half)
- Callbacks: Sunday 3rd October, 18:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite **INVITATION ONLY**
Socials & Events
We run socials throughout the year such as laser tag, movie nights, a Christmas meal, and a BBQ. Please buy tickets (variable price) beforehand.
- Tuesday 12th October 2021: SU Bar followed by LCR (Damn Good), 22:30 onwards. More information to follow.
- Friday 19th November 2021: 999 Quad-Racket Pub Crawl (with Tennis, Badminton, and Squash). **POSTPONED**
- Saturday 20th November - Sunday 21st November 2021: BUCS Individuals Championships. Requires TTE Membership, please contact committee to enter.
- Wednesday 8th December 2021: Christmas Tournament (Group Stage), 19:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Friday 10th December 2021: 999 Quad-Racket Pub Crawl (with Tennis, Badminton, and Squash), 19:30 onwards, The Square
- Sunday 12th December 2021: Christmas Tournament (Knockout Stage), 18:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Wednesday 2nd March 2022: Sportsnight. For more information, contact Armand Bratuelscu (Social Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wednesday 9th March 2022: BUCS Midlands Conference Cup Final. For more information see the Messenger group.
- Sunday 20th March 2022: Easter Tournament (Group Stage), 18:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Wednesday 23rd March 2022: Easter Tournament (Knockout Stage), 19:00 – 22:20, Kiff Matheson Suite
- Saturday 21st May 2022: Quad-Racket Olympics (with Tennis, Badminton, and Squash), 11:00 onwards, meet in Hall 2
The committee are here to answer any questions, queries or concerns you may have. Feel free to contact us. More committee positions will be up for election later this semester.
Our main platform currently is Messenger, check back to see our full social media list for this year.
- Instagram: @ueatabletennis
- Email: email@example.com
- Messenger: Please contact a member of committee from a uea email (@uea.ac.uk) or ask to be added at a training session.
Below you can get tickets for the various sessions that we run. Tickets should be purchased for all events, even if they are free. Please also remember to scan the attendance QR code during the session. Tickets for each week's sessions should be available from midnight on each Monday.
All training session tickets are set to members only, but you can come to a couple of sessions before getting membership (in which case, don't worry about getting tickets).