Hello and Welcome to the Official UEANC SU page!
We are a friendly and welcoming club; catering for players of every ability- it doesn't matter if you've been playing for years or you've never picked up a ball!
The following committee runs the club -
President: Francesca McLeod
Secretary: Deanna Hollings
Treasurer: Molly Sewell
Club Captain: Becca Lennard
Media Secretary: Eilis Cassidy and Annabelle Seal
Community and Activities Officer: Maddie Mitchell
Social Secs: Lottie Bradford and Liberty Davies
Union Council Rep: Alice Hendy
UNO Reps: Meg Holland and Lois Millican
To keep up to date with all things UEANC or for any additional information then please don't hesitate to get in contact via any of our social media accounts or via our club email address:
Email - email@example.com
Instagram - @ueanetball
Twitter - @ueanetball
Facebook - University of East Anglia Netball Club
So, a little more about the club!
- Our Squad is made up of 5 competitive teams! Nevertheless we also gladly welcome members who are non competitive and/or social.
- Our BUCS Squad (1st and 2nd team) are entered into the BUCS league and compete every Wednesday against other universities and in the conference cup.
- Our 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th teams have all been entered into local leagues as well. 1st team play every other Tuesday night in an indoor league whereas the 3rd and 4th teams will be playing outside every Monday night! The 5th and 6th team will also play outdoors on a Thursday night!
- Our BUCS Squad train on MONDAY evenings (5-7pm) and THURSDAY evenings (5-7pm)
- Our 3rd and 4th teams train TUESDAY evenings (4-5:40pm) and FRIDAY mornings (7-8:30am)
- Our 5th and 6th teams train MONDAY mornings (7:40-9am) and FRIDAY evenings (3-5pm)
- Then, 'Whole Club Training' will be hosted every week, where the whole club comes together for one large training session. The training session will aim to include some basic drills and plenty of game play. This session is particularly important to our club as along with all of our socials it is an opportunity for everyone to spend time together and get to know each other.
- Morning Strength and Conditioning sessions will also run every Tuesday morning and everyone can come! However, this is COMPULSORY for our BUCS squad
One of the best things about joining UEANC is the social side! Many of our girls have made friends for life, through the regular socials organised by our dedicated Social Secs. These can range from themed LCR nights out, live netball matches, SPORTS NIGHTS, trampolining, meals out and bbq's, cinema trips and joint socials with lots of other clubs. Our social calendar is already filling up so get ready for a jam-packed year of fun!
Our team selection takes place via trials, this is nothing to be worried about and is actually a really fun day! Everyone will take part in a series of drills and matches to which our amazing coach and selectors will be able to watch us all play and ultimately make team decisions. To keep things completely fair old girls re-trial each year so every place is up for grabs!
Trials will have to be run slightly differently this year so for up-to-date information please follow us on all social media platforms!
- Unfortunately due to COVID-19 this year Sports Fayre will be held virtually which will be featured on the uea.su website throughout the Welcome Week period!
- You can also join the Club even if you do not wish to play competitively - if this is the type of member you wish to be, you won't have to trial!