Hello and Welcome to the Official UEANC SU page!
We are a friendly and welcoming club; catering for players of every ability- it doesn't matter if you've been playing for years or you've never picked up a ball!
The following committee runs the club -
President: Florence Pond
Secretary: Jordan Rainbird
Treasurer: Sophie Brewer
BUCS Captain: Ailsa MacArthur
Media Officer: Yasmin Scott-Gray
Social Secs: Franki McLeod and Eilis Cassidy
Admin: Kirsty Thomas
Union Council Rep: Hannah Kelly
To keep up to date with all things UEANC or for any additional information then please don't hesitate to get in contact via any of our social media accounts or via our club email address:
Facebook- University of East Anglia Netball Club
So, a little more about the club!
- Our Squad is made up of 4 competitive teams! Nevertheless we also gladly welcome members who are non competitive and/or social.
- Our BUCS Squad (1st and 2nd team) are entered into the BUCS league and compete every Wednesday against other universities and in the conference cup.
-Our 1st, 3rd and 4th teams are also all entered into local leagues as well. 1st team play every other Tuesday night in an indoor league whereas the 3rd and 4th teams will be playing outside every Thursday night!
- Our BUCS Squad train on MONDAY evenings at 5-7pm
- Our 3rd and 4th teams train TUESDAY evenings 5-6:20pm
- Then on FRIDAY nights from 5-7pm the whole club comes together for one large training session. The training session will aim to include some basic drills and plenty of game play. This session is particularly important to our club as along with all of our socials it is an opportunity for everyone to spend time together and get to know each other.
- Morning fitness sessions will run every Tuesday morning and everyone can come!
One of the best things about joining UEANC is the social side! Many of our girls have made friends for life, through the regular socials organised by our dedicated social secs. These can range from themed LCR nights out, live netball matches, SPORTS NIGHTS, trampolining, meals out and bbq's, cinema trips and joint socials with lots of other clubs. Our social calendar is already filling up so get ready for a jam-packed year of fun!
Our team selection takes place at trials, which this year will be held on the 3rd of October in Sports Halls 1 and 2 between 1-5pm.
Trials are nothing to be worried about and are actually a really fun day! Everyone will take part in a series of drills and matches to which our amazing coach Gemma will be able to watch us all play and ultimately make team decisions. To keep things completely fair old girls retrial each year so every place is up for grabs!
You can sign up to trial when you join the club at Sportsmart!
- This year Sportsmart is being held on Wednesday 26th September in the Sportspark! Please come and say hello, we'll be sat in the sportshalls all day to chat and hopefully answer all your questions!
- You can also join the Club at Sportsmart even if you do not wish to play competitively - if this is the type of member you wish to be, you won't have to trial!