Women's Basketball at UEA
We are a group of friendly girls from all around the world who enjoy playing basketball and making some great uni memories along the way. Our club caters to all abilities - whether you're a pro or a complete beginner, so don't be afraid to come along and try it out even if you've never played before. Basketball is a team sport and so team-work, socialising, and having fun, is pretty important to us too.
- Mondays at 18:00- 20:00 which will be 1st and 2nd team training.
- Wednesday at 7:00- 8:50 which will be 2nd team training.
- Friday at 7:00-8:50 which will be 1st team training
- Sunday 13:00-14:50 will be reserved for Local League games. If no games are on, it will become a training session. We will always keep in contact with our players to let them know if there are any changes.
We have one team that competes in BUCS Division 2 as well as the Norfolk local league and the Norfolk Iceni Trophy. We have a second-team that has been running for two years now, and will be competing in the Norfolk local league!
The first team, as well as second-team, is selected after trials at the beginning of term by our coach, Claire Harper, and the committee. Trials will be a series of drills and activities to determine everyone's skill level. Even if you're not interested in the competitive side of basketball, it'll still be a fun session. So come along to meet our coach and the rest of the team!
DISCLAIMER: Trials this year will have a limit of up to 30 individuals in the hall at any one time. To reserve your spot at the trial and taster sessions, please purchase a ticket from above. The tickets are FREE.
Outside of basketball, our club has brought together people from all over the world and created life-long friends. We organise many socials throughout the year that everyone in the club is invited to attend! We are all easy-going girls who are always interested in having a good night and we already have loads planned for this year - all you have to do is tag along!
Achievements in 2017-2018:
- Division 2 BUCS League Champions
- BUCS Conference Cup Runner Up
- Sports Award - BUCS League Team of the Year
- Local League Champions
- Local League Iceni Trophy Winners
Achievements in 2018-2019:
- Introduced the 2nd team to the club
- Sports Award - Progress Award (participation) Winner - for the amazing 200% increase in competing club members!
- 3rd place in Local League Division 1
- 3rd in BUCS points
1st Team: Claire Harper
2nd Team: Student coach, Laura Parry
Committee of 2019-2020:
President: Jennifer Collard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice- President: Allyson Olar (email@example.com)
Secretary: Mara Correia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Treasurer: Elisha Peters (email@example.com)
Social Sec: Alara Dursun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Health & Safety Officer: Christina Wong (email@example.com)
Publicity Officer: Allisah Perdigon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Equality and Diversity Officer: Linda-Marie Nakibuuka (email@example.com)
Union Council Rep: Helen Ireland (Helen.Ireland@uea.ac.uk)
Follow us on social media and join our Facebook group for more information (UEA women's basketball 2019/2020). Feel free to ask any questions!