If you’re looking to join a sports club, you’ll need to buy Sports Association Membership (SAM) before you can sign up to your preferred sport. This is priced at £50 for the year (or £30 for half year) and you'll be contributing to the cost of sports clubs.
If you are only here for one semester and wish to buy half year SAM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of your term dates, and we will arrange for you to purchase half year SAM.
SAM covers things like coaching and training courses, travel to competitions and trips, competition entry fee, accommodation, affiliation fees, first aid, referee and umpire cost, external facility and storage, kit, insurance, equipment purchase and maintenance and other costs associated with the activities sports clubs put on.
You only need to buy SAM once per academic year, no matter how many clubs you join, and when you've paid you will get a SAM sticker for your campus card. Club committee members also need to pay for SAM.
PLEASE NOTE: SAM becomes non-refundable two weeks after you have purchased it, so if you change your mind about joining a club please let us know as soon as possible. Refund terms are below:
- If a refund request is made within 14 days of purchasing the membership and proof of purchase can be provided the refund can be paid in full to the student if you are doing this can you email email@example.com direct to arrange a refund.
- Refunds will be given to students, if they join a single club and they cease to exist
- Refunds to club subs can be given upon request, but Sports Association Membership is non-refundable after a 14 day period.
- Refunds are not available for any associate members
- Refunds outside of the 14 day window will be subject to approval by uea+sport staff on a case by case basis and will only be given on an extraordinary basis (please email firstname.lastname@example.org).