If you’re looking to join a sports club, you’ll need to buy Sports Association Membership (SAM) before you can sign up to your preferred sport. The full cost of SAM is £45 per year, which contributes to the cost of sports clubs.
If you are only here for one semester or wanting to take part in a club for only one semester then only purchase Half SAM.
SAM covers things like:
- coaching and training courses
- travel to competitions and trips
- competition entry fee
- affiliation fees
- first aid
- referee and umpire cost
- external facility and storage
- equipment purchase and maintenance
- other costs associated with the activities sports clubs put on.
You only need to buy SAM once per academic year, no matter how many clubs you join, this will be logged on your student account and you should keep you email receipt handy for inspection. Club committee members also need to pay for SAM and their club membership.
PLEASE NOTE: SAM becomes non-refundable two weeks after you have purchased it, so if you change your mind about joining a club please let us know as soon as possible. Refund terms are below:
- If a refund request is made within 14 days of purchasing the membership and proof of purchase can be provided, the refund can be paid in full. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to arrange a refund.
- Refunds will be given to students, if they join a single club and they cease to exist.
- Refunds to club subs can be given upon request, but Sports Association Membership is non-refundable after a 14 day period.
- Refunds are not available for any associate members
- Refunds outside of the 14 day window will be subject to approval by uea+sport staff on a case by case basis and will only be given on an extraordinary basis (please email email@example.com).
Half Year SAM
Half Year SAM is only available during the second semester of term on the following criteria:
- You are a UEA student doing a semester abroad in term 1 who wishes to buy a half SAM for the second semester
- You are an international student studying at UEA in the second semester.