Advertising your event
There is a plethora of ways you can advertise your event to members of your student group and to members of the public. Below is a list of ideas to help you market your event and some things we can do to help facilitate this.
Make an event on the website
Making an event on the SU website is a great way of promoting your event to your members and non-members. For a full guide on how to make an event on the website, add a ticket to the event and customise the ticket, please see this video.
Promote your event on screens in the Hive
We may be able to advertise your event on the screens in Union House. We can't guarantee the image will be shown as other things might take precedence, however we'll do our best to make the image available.
If you want something to be advertised on our screens, please follow the guidelines below.
- Image format: .jpg or .png
- Dimensions: Width: 1920px, Height: 1080px
- Please don't use copyrighted images
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use text sparingly; slides are only visible for a maximum of 20 seconds
- Use simple URLs that are easy to remember, or QR codes (there's a free QR code generator at qr-code-generator.com)
Book a stall in the Hive
Currently, you are unable to book a stall in the Hive due to social distancing measures.
Societies and clubs are able to book a stall in the Hive to advertise their event. This is a great to interact with people in person and answer any questions potential attendees may have. To book a Hive stall, please see this page.
Send an email to your members on the website
Committee members can email all of their club or society members via the SU website. This is an effective method of communication because it ensures everyone who has purcahssed membership will see your notices, and saves time as you will not need to compile your own mailing list.
To email all of your memebrs via the SU website, click the cog in the right hand corner of the SU website, go to your club or society's admin tool, click messages, click send email. If you have input a group email address (e.g. email@example.com) into your student group page, the website will give you the option from emialing from the student group email address, or from your personal UEA email address.
in your email, be sure to include all the impotant details of your event, such as when and where the event is taking place, any information an attendee may need to attend the event (such as Zoom passwords or directions to the venue) and a link to the event listing on the SU website.
Use your social media to your full advantage and promote your events virtually to your followers. Here are a few pointers to consider when using social media:
- Get creative and make some striking artwork to promote your event and help catch people's eyes. Make sure the information is clear and easy to read. For example, it is easier to read black writing on a white background than white writing on a black background.
- Use Facebook, Twitter and Instagram stories to post updates on your events, such as how many tickets are left.
- Remember, when posting on social media, you should always have a call to action. For example, of you are asking people to buy tickets, make sure you include information about how a member can buy a ticket or a link to the event listing page.