Welcome to Norwich Anaesthetics Society! We hope to bring together students with all levels of experience to explore Anaesthesia!
Would you like to find out more about the largest single hospital medical speciality that is Anaesthesia? Are you unsure of your preferred career path and would like to explore a speciality that combines emergency medicine with generalised medicine and gives you the opportunity to take responsibility in and interact with a vast range of other key and exciting medical specialities including cardiorespiratory, paediatric, obstetric, pain and military medicine? Are you excited by the opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the basic functioning of the human body? If any of these relate to you, then Norwich Anaesthetics Society membership and participation is the best investment for you and your bright future!
One year’s membership (only £3!) will provide you with multiple opportunities as described below*.
Beneficial to Year 1:
- OSCE revision events relevant to basic life support and scrubbing, gowning and gloving taught in Year 1 and vital for acing your exams.
- Physiology teaching to tackle those tricky lectures, especially in your first few weeks!
- An introductory course to Anaesthetics.
Beneficial to all year groups:
- A careers conference with certification as evidence of participation for use in CVs.
- SimMan (simulated patient) and prescribing teaching and practise vital for acing OSCEs. (Not currently offered by any other society!).
- Shadowing of Anaesthetists/ emergency care physicians. (Not widely available otherwise during your 5 years at medical school).
- Practical experience with airway management and emergency support to get you ahead in terms of your medical expertise!
We look forward to welcoming you to Norwich Anaesthetics Society and at the Freshers’ fair!
Join and contact us on Facebook - Norwich Anaesthetics Society.
Email - email@example.com**
*Purchase membership on the day of the Freshers' fair or via the student union website - login - opportunities - societies - medical - Norwich Anaesthetics Society.
** Previous email not in use - firstname.lastname@example.org
Norwich Anaesthetics Society committee 2018/19
President - Nikita Soni
Vice President - Omar Ali
Secretary - Georgie Ali
Treasurer - Liam Ward
Publicity and Health and Safety Officer – Sam Green