council tax

Full time students will be entitled to exemption from council tax. To claim exemption, students on taught programmes can download a tax exemption certificate from e-vision, and PGR students can request a letter from the PGR office confirming their student status, including during their writing-up period.  Evidence should be sent to Norwich City council with a copy of your tenancy agreement. Note that partners of students living with them will not be exempt, but may get a reduction in council tax based on low income or if they are the only non-exempt adult occupant of the house or flat. For more detail see this document.