Who Are We... Why Choose Us?
We are a swimming club which aims to cater for all - whether you are highly competitive or a keep-fit swimmer!
We are a friendly, inclusive and hard-working team that is rapidly becoming one of the most popular sports clubs on campus. All our training takes place at the UEA SportsPark which has excellent facilities. The majority of our swimmers join us at the beginning of the year after visiting our stall at the UEA Sports Fayre but we regularly welcome new members all year round. Should you wish to join or have any queries about what we can offer you, please do get in touch by dropping us an email. We are always happy to help!
The team is made up of two squads:
- Train once a week; either on a Wednesday or Sunday afternoon.
- Run by the committee/qualified volunteer student coaches
- Ideal for swimmers who have no experience in competitive swimming, wish to develop their strokes, gain new skills and improve their fitness.
- Provides an adaptable, relaxed, fun environment where you can meet new people, socialise, improve and take a break from studying
- Train up to four times a week in the afternoon/evenings including strength and conditioning sessions.
- Is run by a professional, qualified, independent coach who is able to bring out the best in all our swimmers so that they can meet their potential and have fun while doing so.
- Train with the intention of competing at galas held locally and nationally.
- Is ideal for swimmers with competitive experience (even if they haven't raced in a while), for those that wish to take their training to the next level or are simply willing to commit to a slightly more demanding training schedule.
Training - 2020-21:
- Wednesday 4.40-5.40pm
- Thursday 6.40-7.40pm (Land training)
- Sunday 2-3 & 3.20-4.20pm
- Tuesday 8-9.20pm
- Wednesday 2-3 & 3.20-4.20pm
- Thursday 6.40-7.40 (Land training)
- Friday 8-9.20pm
- Sunday 4.40-5.40pm
- Darcey Gardiner
- Isabel Harrison
- Alex Pinneger
- Lewis Smith
What we can offer you goes far beyond just swimming. Below are just some of the opportunities we encourage ALL our swimmers to get involved in throughout the academic year:
- British University College Sport (BUCS) galas at Ponds Forge International Sports Centre (Sheffield)
- Quest for the Crest (an opportunity for those with limited or no race experience to compete at Manchester Aquatics Centre)
- National University Development League (NUDL) A series of galas for our development squad to take part in. (NEW FOR 2020/21)
- Sports Nights
- LCR socials
- Derby day (UEA vs Essex)
- Volunteering, leadership and personal development opportunities
- Sports Awards
- Regular socials (including trampolining, BBQ's by the lake, rounders, bowling, ultimate frisbee, team dinners, nights out, dress ups)
- Sports Tour - Croatia 2021
Your Committee 2019-20:
A new committee is elected at the end of each academic year to run the swim team and the many events we take part in. Most importantly, we are a team for students, run by students - with the support of UEA sport and the SU.
President: Darcey Gardiner
Vice-President/Secretary: Isabel Harrison
Treasurer: Nick Sims
Publicity and Kit Officer: Kioni Broomfield & Liv Neale
Social Secretary: Katie Smith & Celeste Andrew
Outreach & Fundraising Officer: Emily Sellen
Equality & Diversity Officer: Aoife Moloney
Health & Safety Officer: Summer Kennedy
Union Representative: Megan Pirrie
Development Squad Captains: Ben Goodwin & Georgia Penter
Competitive Squad Captain: Chelsea Beahan
Please get in touch, get to know us and come join our incredible team.
Swim Love x