Claiming Expenses as a Union Councillor

Claiming Expenses as a Union Councillor

We have policy that any Union reps attending Union Council or other representative meetings are able to claim travel and/or carer expenses. We do not pay loss of earnings expenses.

In order to claim expenses you must be coming to campus specifically to attend the meeting.

We pay travel expenses if you are coming from outside the immediate area of campus; anywhere outside the postcodes NR4 or NR2. You can see a postcode map here.

We pay care expenses, if your attendance at a Union meeting requires you to employ a professional carer for anyone in your family.

You can find the expenses form here; submit your claim to using the form