Student Space Booking Requests
COVID-19 - updated guidance 18/05/2021
To view the PDF in full please click here on some browsers it could be difficult to view.
Please note we are currently at step 3:
- Return of COVID Secure core activity for student groups where guidance allows in a COVID secure way as defined by government or SU guidance.
- Student groups however are not authorised to organise purely social gaterings for their club or society.
- Application of the rule of 6 at any indoor activities and capacity restrictions
- Max capacity of 30 for any COVID secure outdoor events organised by student groups if attendance numbers can be effecitvely managed
- Society/club members can meet socially with friends that is not an organised club or society activity in groups of 6 inside or 30 outside in line with and in spirit of government guidelines.
- Organised indoor sports club activity to return in line with NGB guidance.
- Organised outdoor sports club activity to continue in line with NGB guidance.
- All other activities with approved NGB guidance from government can return.
- Some opportunity for outdoor perfromances
- Return of in person SU events, training sessions etc. where appropriate.
- Further easing of capacity restriction on Media centre.
Hive Stalls, blue bar and LCR bookings
Students are not currently able to book out stalls in the Hive. Tables have been removed in order to provide more space to ensure we comply with covid safe healthly and safey measures.
The blue bar and LCR are not currently available for hire.
Union house bookable room capacity
Students are not currently able to book out rooms in Union House.
- Bookable room 1 - capacity 6 people seated and 1 person standing at the front presenting
- Bookable room 2 - capactiy 4 people seated and 1 person standing at the front presenting
- Bookable room 3 - capacity 2 (not avaiable to book by students (career staff only)
- Bookable room 4 - capacity 3 people seated and 1 person standing at the front presenting
- Bookable room 5 - capacity 3 people seated and 1 person standing at the front presenting
- Bookable room 6 - capacity 8 (not available to book by students, UEA teaching space only)
- Bookable room 7 - capacity 2
Capacity within the above rooms has been greatly reduced this term in order to comply with safe social distancing. If you require a room with a larger capacity, these may be available elsewhere on campus. Upon completion of a risk assessment and room booking form, a member of the welcome desk team can explore your room options for you.
UEA Room Capacities and availability
For more information on which rooms on campus are available to book, timetables of when they are available and their new capacities, please visit the e-vision site here and log in with your university details. You can then request to book one of these rooms via the room booking form below. Please note that currently the maximum number of people we can currently book rooms for is 6 people to keep within government guidelines.
Student societies and individual students are able to book some rooms around campus. There are important rules and regulations regarding student use of these rooms, including alcohol and health and safety regulations.
Before submitting a request to book a room, please ensure the room booking regulations below have been read and understood:
Step by step guide on how to plan an event and book a room on campus once the above roadmap allows.
- If your event is taking place off campus or outside and within the grounds of UEA, please click here and follow the insructions on the 'Step by step guide on how to plan an event'
- If you want to plan an event through our Do Something Different events programme and apply for funding for your event please click here and follow the application process
- If your event involves booking a room on campus, please follow the steps below.
Read UEASU's event guidance which you can find in the safety hub, you'll need to pay specific attention to these documents:
Ensure your event or activity abides by these two key principles:
- The majority of your activity should be online and socials must be online until the guidance allows you to do in person events
- Once in person activity can go ahead (see the above roadmap for details), activities must be COVID Secure and adhere to guidelines as approved by UEASU and UEA Sport
If your event does not abide by the above two key principles, please go back to step one and read the guidance again to ensure you can run an event that is covid secure.
If your event does comply with the above, move to step 3:
Fill in the covid event checker which will give your event a risk rating of either high, medium, low, or no risk.
If your event is high risk, go back to step one and read the guidance again to ensure you can run an event that is covid secure. High risk events will not be approved. Continue to use the covid event checker until your activity is medium risk or below.
Submit your room booking request using the form below and upload your risk assessment on the form when requested.
For simple events such as meetings we require 72hrs notice (excluding weekends). For events with external speakers or larger events we require a minimum of 4 weeks notice.
Room Booking Form
Student username* :
UEA Email* :
Club/Society Email Address:
Please provide as much information as possible for us to request appropriate rooms for your activity.
Please be aware that all rooms requested should reflect the activity and capacity of the room.
Proposed Activity/Description of event:
Please be accurate with this as it will allow room bookings to allocate an appropriate room.
Are you aware of any controversy your topic may attract (this could come from any person(s) internal or external to your club/soc including other club/society, group of students, organisations or members of the public)? *
If yes please give details below and ensure your risk assessment details how this controversy and event will be managed. This risk assessment should ensure any threat of disorder, safety of persons or property or disruption to the normal operation of business is addressed.
Events with members of the public may require University authorisation. You should give as much time and detail as possible to ensure this does not jeopardise your event taking place. Is the event open to members of the public or is it an event for club/society members only?
Will your event have an external speaker?
If answered yes, please supply Name of External Speaker, Topic of Speech and Speakers Organisation & Telephone No.
DATE OF BOOKING:
(Please provide it as DD/MM/YYYY)
Please state your preferred room and building:
Do you plan on holding this booking for a number of weeks and if so how many?:
Do you plan on bringing home cooked food to this event?
Do you plan on screening movies at this event?
Do you plan on selling tickets or setting an admission fee for this event?
Do you plan on consuming alcohol at this event? Please note that consuming pre-bought alcohol is not permitted in Union House.
Is this event of a religious nature - will there be prayers?
All room bookings are required to have a risk assessment as part of the booking procedure please upload this document using the uploader below. Please note bookings in Union House, that are committee meetings, film screenings or group study DO NOT require risk assessments. All university room bookings MUST have a risk assessment.
By agreeing to this booking form, you are agreeing to read the Room Bookings Regulations - Basic, UEA|SU standard conditions for room booking, UEA standard Conditions for room booking, COVID-19 Privacy Notice to support NHS Test and Trace & event attendance register, Duty of Care - why is it important? and agree to abide by them in connection with this society/individual booking, and also to the sharing of your booking details with third parties where necessary - this may include the Student Union, the Multifaith Centre, Cleaning Services, Dean of Students, Estates, UEA Risk Management and Security.
You also agree that all information provided in this form is an accurrate reflection of the activity being undertaken - if acting as part of a student group you must be a committee member.
Track and Trace
It is mandatory and essential, that all event leads/ the person booking the room for your event, ensures that an attendance register is taken for track and trace purposes. We have created a downloadable form for you to use called 'COVID-19 Privacy Notice to support NHS Test and Trace & event attendance register' (link to form below) so that you can capture your attendance information. on the form, you'll find a detailed description as to why track and trace is necessary, what to do with the collected data, how to store it and more.