Student Space Booking Requests
COVID-19 - National Lockdown
We are currently in a National Lockdown which means you must not leave, or be outside of your home except where necessary.
What does this mean for student group activity?
- All society activity must be online, and it is actively encouraged.
- No in person activity can go ahead in any number of people. This does not mean all the fun has to stop though. The Commitee Hub on the website has lots of information on what you can do, including how to host online socials, information about online guest speakers, games nights and other ideas. Funding is available to help you put on these events, and more information on how to apply for them can be found here.
- Do Something Different will also continue online, if you'd like your online activity or taster sessions to be advertised on the DSD website (only criteria is it must be open for anyone to join), fill in the form on this link. There's also support in funding to help you put on the event, and the opportunities team are here to help you with logistics if you need it. If you have any questions about DSD, please email Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you're looking for some stay at home activities, why not look at our ideas here. You can also keep up to date with all of the latest events and activities that you can get involved with over on our events page here.
- We know that this past year has been tough, and you may not have had the opportunities that you usually would have to gain additional skills alongside your studies, so that's why we've also created Your Personal Development Programme (YourPDP) which is a collection of resources, live events, workshops, training sessions and classes that you can get involved with to learn some additional skills covering topics such as employability, wellbeing, creativity, life skills (and more!). You can find out more information here.
For more information on the national lockdown rules, click here to go to the gov.uk website.
Hive Stalls, blue bar and LCR bookings
Students are not currently able to book out stalls in the Hive. Tables have been removed in order to provide more space to ensure we comply with covid safe healthly and safey measures.
The blue bar and LCR are not currently available for hire.
Union house bookable room capacity
Please note, students are not currently able to book out bookable rooms.
- Bookable room 1 - capacity 6 people seated and 1 person standing at the front presenting
- Bookable room 2 - capactiy 4 people seated and 1 person standing at the front presenting
- Bookable room 3 - capacity 2 (not avaiable to book by students (career staff only)
- Bookable room 4 - capacity 3 people seated and 1 person standing at the front presenting
- Bookable room 5 - capacity 3 people seated and 1 person standing at the front presenting
- Bookable room 6 - capacity 8 (not available to book by students, UEA teaching space only)
- Bookable room 7 - capacity 2
Capacity within the above rooms has been greatly reduced this term in order to comply with safe social distancing. If you require a room with a larger capacity, these may be available elsewhere on campus. Upon completion of a risk assessment and room booking form, a member of the welcome desk team can explore your room options for you.
UEA Room Capacities and availability
Please note, students are not currently able to book out UEA rooms.
For more information on which rooms on campus are available to book, timetables of when they are available and their new capacities, please visit the e-vision site here and log in with your university details. You can then request to book one of these rooms via the room booking form below.
Please note, students are not currently able to book out UEA rooms.
Student societies and individual students are able to book some rooms around campus. There are important rules and regulations regarding student use of these rooms, including alcohol and health and safety regulations.
Before submitting a request to book a room, please ensure the room booking regulations below have been read and understood:
Room Booking Form
Student username* :
UEA Email* :
Club/Society Email Address:
Please provide as much information as possible for us to request appropriate rooms for your activity.
Please be aware that all rooms requested should reflect the activity and capacity of the room.
Proposed Activity/Description of event:
Please be accurate with this as it will allow room bookings to allocate an appropriate room.
Are you aware of any controversy your topic may attract (this could come from any person(s) internal or external to your club/soc including other club/society, group of students, organisations or members of the public)? *
If yes please give details below and ensure your risk assessment details how this controversy and event will be managed. This risk assessment should ensure any threat of disorder, safety of persons or property or disruption to the normal operation of business is addressed.
Events with members of the public may require University authorisation. You should give as much time and detail as possible to ensure this does not jeopardise your event taking place. Is the event open to members of the public or is it an event for club/society members only?
Will your event have an external speaker?
If answered yes, please supply Name of External Speaker, Topic of Speech and Speakers Organisation & Telephone No.
DATE OF BOOKING:
(Please provide it as DD/MM/YYYY)
Please state your preferred room and building:
Do you plan on holding this booking for a number of weeks and if so how many?:
Do you plan on bringing home cooked food to this event?
Do you plan on screening movies at this event?
Do you plan on selling tickets or setting an admission fee for this event?
Do you plan on consuming alcohol at this event? Please note that consuming pre-bought alcohol is not permitted in Union House.
Is this event of a religious nature - will there be prayers?
All room bookings are required to have a risk assessment as part of the booking procedure please upload this document using the uploader below. Please note bookings in Union House, that are committee meetings, film screenings or group study DO NOT require room bookings. All university room bookings MUST have a risk assessment.
By agreeing to this booking form, you are agreeing to read the Room Bookings Regulations - Basic, UEA|SU standard conditions for room booking, UEA standard Conditions for room booking, COVID-19 Privacy Notice to support NHS Test and Trace & event attendance register, Duty of Care - why is it important? and agree to abide by them in connection with this society/individual booking, and also to the sharing of your booking details with third parties where necessary - this may include the Student Union, the Multifaith Centre, Cleaning Services, Dean of Students, Estates, UEA Risk Management and Security.
You also agree that all information provided in this form is an accurrate reflection of the activity being undertaken - if acting as part of a student group you must be a committee member.
Track and Trace
It is mandatory and essential, that all event leads/ the person booking the room for your event, ensures that an attendance register is taken for track and trace purposes. We have created a downloadable form for you to use called 'COVID-19 Privacy Notice to support NHS Test and Trace & event attendance register' (link to form below) so that you can capture your attendance information. on the form, you'll find a detailed description as to why track and trace is necessary, what to do with the collected data, how to store it and more.