Club and Society Space Booking Requests
Hive Stall Booking Form
To book a stall in the Hive please click here! Please note that individuals cannot sell or give out food in the Hive without Public Liability insurance and a Food Hygiene certificate. Only societies can sell or give out food in the space; individual students or groups can host a bake sale, but nothing more regarding food.
Hive site plan
Room Booking Form - Important info
- Student societies and individual students are able to book some rooms around campus. There are important rules and regulations regarding student use of these rooms, including alcohol and health and safety regulations.
- To book a room, please read the information below and submit the online room bookings form. You will also need to submit a risk assessment form. Only when both of these have been submitted can we go ahead with booking you a room.
- Rules and regulations and important information regarding room bookings:
UEA|SU standard conditions for room booking
UEA standard Conditions for room booking
Duty of Care - why is it important
- The Club/Society or Peer Support Group listed below are responsible for all cleaning/damage/noise costs for the timeframe of room booked.
- Please ensure Room Booking Regulations have been read and understood at time of booking.
- For simple events such as meetings we require 72hrs notice (excluding weekends). For events with external speakers or larger events we require a minimum of 4 weeks notice.
- All room booking request forms must be covered by a risk assessment. Please find below the risk assessment guide and form. Read through the guide thoroughly, fill out the form and email it to Union House Reception at email@example.com.
- Risk Assessment form
- External Speaker Process
Once you have read through all necessary documents, use the online booking form below. Please note submission of this survey does not confirm the room - it is still at the request stage.
- By signing this form, you agree that your booking details may be shared with third parties where necessary - this may include the Student Union, the Multifaith Centre, Cleaning Services, Dean of Students, Estates, UEA Risk Management and Security.
- Students are only allowed to book Common Room Constable Terrace from 1700-2300 on weekdays and Congregation Hall/CD Annex rooms from 1900-2300 on weekdays – teaching takes priority before these hours. At weekends the hours are 0900-2300.
- If a Club/Society or Peer Support Group has stipulated a good reason for wishing to book outside of these hours, Nigel Shed and Security must be consulted and agree to the booking being made before confirmation is given. Any other rooms must be for a special reason and only after permission from Nigel Shed and Security. Students can also book rooms in Union House.
- As a Student Group in order to show films, the studio needs to be covered by our PSL License. The list currently covered under our licence are include Warner Bros, Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Disney, Entertainment Film, Arrow Films, Icon Film, Pathé, StudioCanal, Eros International, Kaleidoscope Film Distribution, Miramax, Paramount Pictures and Universal Pictures (inc. DreamWorks Animation).
- There is more info on the website here - https://www.filmbankmedia.com/licences/pvsl/pvsl-participating-studios/
If you would like to enquire about hiring the Blue Bar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to enquire about the LCR, please email email@example.com - Please be aware that we require at least a months notice. Be aware we reserve the right to refuse the request.
Room Booking Form
Please send your risk assessment to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you have submitted the room booking form.
Student username* :
UEA Email* :
Club/Society Email Address:
Please provide as much information as possible for us to request appropriate rooms for your activity.
Please be aware that all rooms requested should reflect the activity and capacity of the room.
Proposed Activity/Description of event:
Please be accurate with this as it will allow room bookings to allocate an appropriate room.
Are you aware of any controversy your topic may attract (this could come from any person(s) internal or external to your club/soc including other club/society, group of students, organisations or members of the public)? *
If yes please give details below and ensure your risk assessment details how this controversy and event will be managed. This risk assessment should ensure any threat of disorder, safety of persons or property or disruption to the normal operation of business is addressed.
Events with members of the public may require University authorisation. You should give as much time and detail as possible to ensure this does not jeopardise your event taking place. Is the event open to members of the public or is it an event for club/society members only?
Will your event have an external speaker?
If answered yes, please supply Name of External Speaker, Topic of Speech and Speakers Organisation & Telephone No.
DATE OF BOOKING:
(Please provide it as DD/MM/YYYY)
Please state your preferred room and building:
Do you plan on holding this booking for a number of weeks and if so how many?:
Do you plan on bringing home cooked food to this event?
Do you plan on screening movies at this event?
Do you plan on selling tickets or setting an admission fee for this event?
Do you plan on consuming alcohol at this event? Please note that consuming pre-bought alcohol is not permitted in Union House.
Is this event of a religious nature - will there be prayers?
By agreeing to this booking form, you are agreeing to read the rules and conditions regarding Room Booking, Alcohol Regulations and Freedom of Speech and agree to abide by them in connection with this society/individual booking, and also to the sharing of your booking details with a third party where necessary. You also agree that all informtion provided in this form is an accurrate reflection of the activity being undertaken - if acting as part of a student group you must be a committee member.