Navigate Norfolk Wroxham Broad Walk
Saturday 20 February 2021, 10:45am - 4pm
Meet at the Mega Bus stop
Come and join us as we walk along beautiful nature trails and country lanes which pass through the Broadland villages with the surrounding countryside. See description below for COVID-19 related amendments and documents.
Join one of our Navigate Norfolk day trips for just £5. Take a break, stretch your legs and get outside in the fresh air to explore the beautful scenery Norfolk has to offer.
We will travel together by coach from UEA campus and the journey should take around 60 minutes. Please be at the UEA mega bus stop 10 minutes before the listed start time so we can check you on the coach and go through all the COVID-19 related amendments to the sesions. We’ll be back on campus no later than 4pm.
We will drop people off in the town centre where you will have a chance to explore for an hour. We will then take the 25 minute walk up to beach and the famous beach huts. You will have chance to spend some time on the beach for an hour and then have a chance to get a cup of tea before we are picked up to return to UEA. Dress appropriately for the weather, including footwear and bring some money if you wish as we often stop at a shop/cafe for a spot of lunch or a hot drink (but you don't have to if you want to bring your own refreshments). If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 593567.
Session terms and conditions
By booking on the session you are agreeing to take responsiiblity to read the COVID-19 related amendments to the session (listed below) that summarise the alterations to our sessions. More detail on risk assessment and session work procedures can be found by following this link: https://bit.ly/3mZoF7M . It is your responsiiblity to familriase yourself with these documents, prior to attending this trip.
Below is a summary of the changes required for the sessions to be able to go ahead.
- We have reduced the capacities to 50% of a normal trip to allow one person to have a seating bay to themselves.
- Please all observe 2m social distancing at all times when queuing
- Make sure you have signed in with the trip leader
- Make sure you have completed the pre-trip survey for emergency contact details etc. – this would have been sent out to you via email.
- If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms you should not board the coach (cough, temperature, loss of taste/smell)
- We have reduced capacity on the coach so it is possible to adhere to social distancing at the 1m range whilst also taking other precautions - as advised by the government guidelines found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-safer-travel-guidance-for-passengers#private-cars-and-other-vehicle
- Precautions include:
- Please make sure you have your face mask on the whole time you are on the coach (it is your responsibility to bring a face mask)
- Please ensure you sit in one bay only on the coach. It is one person per bay.
- Passengers to sit in same seat for return journey.
- ensure you maintain social distancing, where possible, including at busy entrances, exits, under canopies, bus stops, platforms or outside of stations
- wash or sanitise your hands regularly (we have this available if you don’t - just as a staf member or volunteer).
- avoid touching your face
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- travel side by side or behind other people (this is why you have 1 bay each) rather than facing them, where seating arrangements allow
- touch as few surfaces as possible
- avoid loud talking, shouting or singing
- dispose of waste safely, including items such as used disposable face coverings
- be prepared to queue or take a different entrance or exit at stations
- wait for passengers to get off first before you board
- avoid consuming food and drink on the coach, where possible
- respect other people’s space while travelling
- Passengers to sit in same seat for return journey.
- Can the passengers at the front of coach get off first when we arrive at our destination and socially distance when off the coach
- Please observe 2m social distancing at all times when off the coach.
- If you start feeling unwell/displaying COVID symptoms let one of the volunteers know.
- We may be taking photos/filming so let one of the staff/volunteers know if you do not want to be in any photos/videos
Please take a £5 ticket above to book your place
We're committed to making sure all Do Something Different events are as accessible as possible for all students.
This event requires physical activity so if any attendees with individual concerns about their accessibility are advised to contact uea+sport via email@example.com for additional support.
uea+sport privacy notice
Sessions are organised and run by uea+sport and may require some information from you regarding your participantion in the session. Therefore, please visit the uea+sport/Sportspark privacy notice to understand what datas we may require and how we use it. This can be found here: https://www.sportspark.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Sportspark-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf
What is Do Something Different?
The Do Something Different Programme is about trying a new activity and sparking your interests! We aim to encourage greater student interaction from across schools, liberations and courses that build your knowledge and skills as individuals. Perhaps you've been looking to try a new sport, attending a live music performance, or dabbling in an academic subject that piques your interest? We collate a wide variety of different activities happening across campus - from sports and games, to trips and extracurricular lectures!
There's always something happening every single day, and most events are absolutely free or cost very little! The best events will return during the Do Something Different Festival in Semester Two - a week-long celebration in which teaching is suspended for you to try a huge range of activities! Stay tuned for the full Festival programme coming soon!
If you had a great time at a DSD event, make sure you head to the website and leave your feedback and stories! Tell us about your ideas and what you want to see under Do Something Different.
Keep up to date with all of our DSD events by checking our Calendar (www.uea.su/dsd), and follow us on Twitter at @UEASU_DSD and uea+sport via instagram and Twitter @ueasport.