welfare & support

this section exists to detail all the relevent services available to students to support their wellbeing, whether on campus, on placement or anywhere in the world.

wellbeing support


advice(su) is run by the students union, and provides advice and support independent of uea. whether you need help with finances to support and representation for fitness to practice, advice(su) covers all areas of student wellbeing.

advice(su) can be found in the advice area of the su (near the main entrance), emailed at, or called on 01603 593463, with additional advice and support found on the su website (here)


Student Services

Student Services (formerly Student Support Services) are the main wellbeing service from UEA. they offer a full range of services, from providing councilling and learning enhancement support, to providing advice on lifestyle, financial assistence and wellness techniques

Student Services can be emailed on, called on +44 (0) 1603 592761, or found on the website here. they can also be found across campus:

Student Life Centre: Lawrence Stenhouse Building (LSB) 0.20

Wellbeing Centre: Located on the Upper Street between Waterstones Bookshop and the SU Building

Learning Enhancement: Nelson Court House no. 33 (next to Accomodation)


norwich nightline

a listening service for students at UEA/NUA, wjerever they are based, accessible via call, skype or text 8pm-8am term time

nightline can be called on 01603 597158, or found on their website here


financial support

Vice Chancellors loan

the VC loan can provide emergency loans of up to £200 (or £300 if discussed with an advisor) for unexpected expenses, or up to £1500 of placement-related expenses, via Student Services

email to request a form, or go to the Student Services area in Lawrence Stenhouse Building 0.20


Access to Learning & UEA Hardship Funds

these funds offer non-repayable grants for UK and EU/International students to cover the costs of unexpected hardship

the form for both funds can be found on the UEA website by searching 'Hardship Funds' (or via the link here), or picked up in Lawrence Stenhouse Building 0.20 


NHS Exceptional Support Fund

the NHS is able to £3000 a year for HSC students (excluding paramedics) who have exhausted all other sources of funding, including those listed above, via the NHS

find the form by searching NHSBSA Exceptional Support Fund, or by following the link here


academic support

personal advisors

your personal advisor is your main point of contact for academic issues, can help make sure that you're on track to finishing your studies, and can help organise any further support you may need

the details for your personal advisor can be found on evision


link lecturers/visiting tutors

your link lecturer/visiting tutor is your main point of contact for any issues you may find on your placement, and can help make sure you are able to fulfil your placement objectives

the details for your link lecturer/visiting tutor can be found on studentzone



the hub can help deal with any administrative issues you're having with your course. this may include dealing with attendence/sickness, coursework, assessment, or other administration relating to your study

general queries can be sent to, but to speak to someone with more direct knowledge of your course or placement area, you can find a more specific address here


housing support


homerun is the housing service run by the su to ensure students have a better experience letting, supporting students before, during, and after their tenancy - even if you're not based in norwich

homerun can be found in the advise area near the main su entrance, emailed on, or called on 01603 593463 (10-4, mon-fri), with additional information and resources offered by homerun found on the su website (here