Make a difference to new UEA students and sign up as a buddy!
About the role:
Are you a current student at UEA? Do you want to support a new student make the most of their time at university? Becoming a buddy volunteer might be the volunteering role for you.
Become a buddy volunteer and support new students to make the most of their university experience. Everyone’s experience at UEA is different and the first year at university can be daunting. buddy(su) volunteers help new students settle into life at UEA by supporting them with regular meet ups, promoting buddy events and being a friendly face. Volunteer regularly meet up with their buddies on a 121 basis and at buddy(su) events to see how they are settling in. As a volunteer you can benefit from a 241 Unio card, great CV experience and opportunity to develop your skills further with our student leader programme. To find out more and sign up please complete the sign up form below.
Being a volunteer you can:
- Support a new student with shared interests, hobbies or background
- Earn a volunteering reference
- Gain communication, leadership and support skills
- Flexibility with your role
- Access to lots of training opportunities
- Benefit from a UNIO 241 card valid Wednesday and Friday