exam and degree results support

From the beginning of July, the results from this year's exam period and the degree classification for final year students will be confirmed by the Exam Boards. This will be a time of great joy for some and an anxious time for others as they work out what their exam results mean.

This page has been created to be a one-stop shop for all your initial queries.

What if I have not passed my year, what happens next?

If you have not achieved the required credits to pass the year, and as long as you have only had one attempt at your assignments/exams, you will ordinarily be offered reassessment attempts in August. Reassessments attempts are capped at 40 for undergraduates and 50 for postgraduate students and also carry a reassessment fee. 

But what if my exams were affected by something beyond my control?

If you did not submit EC's at the time of the exams or you submitted them ad they were rejected, you will need to submit an Academic Appeal. For more on Academic Appeals please see the link below.

I need to go through reassessment but I am a final year student, can I still graduate this July?

Unfortunately, no. If you have not yet gained enough credits to pass the year you will not be able to go through graduation this July. 

I submitted ECs which were accepted but I still need to retake the exams, why?

Even though the university accepted your ECs You still have to pass all the elements of your degree. In this case, you are likely to be offered Delayed First Sits which are not capped and do not carry a reassessment fee. 

What if I have passed my degree but I am not happy with the results?

In this case, you will need to make an academic appeal. However, you need to be aware that often an outcome of an upheld appeal is that you are given the opportunity to retake an exam as a delayed first attempt so you need to consider if this is something you wish to do.

In some instances, alternative adjustments can be looked at by the University without the need for you to retake an exam. One of our advice team can advise you on your options. 

Things this academic year just did not go well, can I repeat the year?

Repeating the year is a common and valid thing to do for those who have been affected by ECs during the year. Requests for students to repeat the year are done through submitting an EC.

If you are thinking of repeating the year, you should check that you are entitled to extra funding from your particular funding body. For those who receive funding through UK Student Finance, you will ordinarily be entitled to one addition years funding on top of the length or your degree. 

Please see our link below for more information on ECs.