New to UEA?
At uea|su we think UEA and Norwich are great. University can be one of most exciting, transformative and at times difficult times of your life, whether you are leaving home for the first time aged 18 or a mature student with a wealth of life experience there’s nothing quite like being a first year at Uni! That’s why we have buddy|su, a scheme run by students for students. buddy|su is the number one way at UEA to settle in, make friends, get to grips with uni life and find your way around campus and the fine city of Norwich.
What can I expect from my buddy?
* Your buddy will provide you with a warm welcome to the UEA.
* Buddies and new students are matched by school, hobbies, interests, faith etc.
* Be in regular contact with you throughout the autumn term.
* Help you find activities, clubs or societies that suit you.
* Signpost you to advice|su, Student Support Service and other campus services you may require.
Our buddy|su volunteers are trained by advice|su, working alongside UEA, to ensure they are well equipped to support new students to settle in. This training includes; having a knowledge of campus support services, union sports clubs and societies and how to take part, the Sports Park, “life hacks” created for and by UEA students, active listening skills, culture shock, confidentiality and safeguarding.
Join many other new students and register today!