I'm under 18 years old

If you are under 18 years old you may still become a member of clubs and societies, but you will need some extra permissions. You will not be allowed to buy clubs and societies memberships on the website until you have followed the stopes below:
1. Complete and retun the above document to union.opportunities@uea.ac.uk or bring in to Union House, Norwich, NR4 7TJ and ask for the societies administrator
Email union.opportunities@uea.ac.uk with information on what clubs or societies you want to join.
2. You'll need to get one of your parents or guardians to give permission for you to join these groups so make sure they sign the information document
3. Once we've recieved the information ocument back, we will need to contact the club or society to make sure it is okay with them.
4. Once we have confirmation from both parents / guardians and the club or society, you need to come to the office upstairs in Union House to pay for your memberships.
You can look at societies here
You can look at clubs here
SAM Membership
In order to join a sports club, you will also need to purchase Sports Association Membership (SAM). This is priced at £50 a year and covers lots of costs like insurance, equipment, competition costs etc. It is mandatory and only needs to be paid once a year. If you are only studying at UEA for a semester you may purchase half-year SAM membership if you provide us with evidence that this is the case. Email union.opportunities@uea.ac.uk if you would like to purchase half-year membership. For more information click here.