The Democratic Procedures Committee (DPC) is a 9-member committee with responsibility for:
- Interpreting the SU's constitution;
- Structuring and running Union Council, and supporting the Chair;
- Promoting the SU's democratic structures;
- Ensuring that Union Council is accessible for members;
- Making suggestions for improving and developing SU democracy.
The full 'terms of reference' for DPC can be found here (PDF).
It is composed of the following members. The Campaigns and Democracy Officer is automatically a member; the remaining 8 members are elected by Union Council.
- Lewis Martin Mature Students Assembly Council Rep Chair
- Thai Braddick Non-Portfolio Officer
- Omari Edwards Philosophy Society
- Maddie Bransfield Nursing Society
- Jude Beckett Quiz Society
- Yanxin Wang
- Elliot Folan Chair of Union Council
- Dan Box Deputy Chair of Union Council
- Sophie Atherton Campaigns & Democracy Officer
The minutes from DPC meetings can be found below.