Turning your ideas into a reality
uea (su) Student Enterprise aims to supports students and graduates who are looking to get their idea off the ground and develop valuable skills. We are dedicated to making you more employable, whether you are looking to start your own businesses, run an event or start up a project; uea (su) is the first place for you go to start your entrepreneurial journey. We can help you transform your vision into something real. Why not pop in and meet our Enterprise and Activities coordinator who can act as a soundboard for you to bounce your ideas around in a fun, friendly and informal setting.
'Our aim is to help enterprising students to develop and achieve their ambitions by offering motivation, advice, resources and opportunities.'
· We offer a range of different spaces for you to hire free of charge, or for a small fee depending on the nature of your venture. We’ve got a whole host of resources for you to use, such as tech equipment, advertising space, funding, PC's and meeting booths as well as skilled staff who are on hand and dedicated to supporting you refine your ideas; uea (su) is the ideal starting point for you kick start your enterprise.
Our Enterprise and Activities coordinator is available to meet with you if you:
- Have an idea for a business and need some advice on the next steps to take
- Have recently started a business and want to know what uea (su) can do to help promote and support your venture
- Want to take part in the student pop up market
- Need advice on how best to run competitions and workshops aimed at improving your member’s employability
- Would like some help to make your society more enterprising
- Have ideas you want to get off the ground – big or small
- Would like to know more about the funding options that are available to launch an enterprise
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
An entrepreneur must be enterprising to turn an idea into a successful business. But what does enterprising mean? AT uea (su), we'd define it as:
- Take risks - Setting up a new business is risky. Even if the entrepreneur has carefully researched the market, there's always a chance that customers may reject the product and that a loss will be made
- Show initiative and 'make things happen' - Successful entrepreneurs have the drive, determination and energy to overcome hurdles and launch new businesses.
- Undertake new ventures - An entrepreneur has to have the imagination to spot business opportunities that will fill gaps in the market
Enterprise isn’t just about starting a business. It's about developing transferable skills that are valuable to any career, and seizing opportunities to gain experience outside of your degree. The Student Enterprise team gives students and graduates the support to develop practical skills and turn their ideas into a business or career.
If you are looking to run an event on campus, click here to submit your idea or head over to our events resources page for more information.