We want to help you as much as we can when it comes to promoting your student group or event, so we have put together some tools to help you with this! We also have a few schemes and opportunities for you to showcase your talents.
But here's a couple of reminders first on what you should make the most of:
- Make sure your website page is up to date. Committee members are able to edit their pages - if you want more info on how to do this just drop us an email at email@example.com.
- Set up a social media account and follow us at uea(su) Opportunities so we can follow, retweet and share posts! Just remember social media is a very public resource, so make sure you don't post anything offensive or inappropriate. Portray your student group in the best light!
- Submit events on our website. The SU calendar has all the club and gig nights at UEA which means a lot of people look at it - and as a student group you can put your events on here too!
Most importantly, you should be aiming to communicate with:
- Your committee - nobody can successfully run a club, society or peer support group without help from their committee, the point of a committee is to share the workload and to ensure your group is represented at all events, activities or socials, and communication is key!
- Your members - your members have a right to know what you're doing and what you're spending their money on - after all, most of that money came from them, so send out regular communications via email and social media
- And non-members! - members of your club, society or peer support group have to come from somewhere, and non-members are also a good way of generating extra funds and crowds at events, but the key is communicating with them.
Here's a few extra tools for you to help with your promotion:
If you create posters for your group or event, we can put these up or add them to our screens in the Union! You just need to click here and attach them to an email!
If you would like to nominate yourself for Club or Society of the Month then please send us an email of no more than 100 words on why you think it should be you and a picture that represents your club or society. If you are successful we will promote you in the next Committee Newsletter!
If you want some more in depth support with communications and marketing information, take a look at this document here.